Rioja Alavesa, Land of Wine
meet on location or pick up
The history of Laguardia is written down its rocks which are waiting the tourists in order to be read. The underground of the village is drilled by the wineries or caves excavated under the houses and streets which are approximately 6 meters deep.
Early in the morning you will have a guided tour through the church of Santa María de los Reyes which was built at the end of XVI century. There, we could appreciate the
precious polychrome of XVII century.
Once you have whetted your appetite, there could not be anything better than visiting a XV century winery and discovering the real wine history.
Regarding the meal, you will taste the magnificent riojan menu on a traditional restaurant.
In the afternoon, we will suggest you a walk through the vineyards and to finish with, you will visit the famous winery of Marqués de Riscal which belongs to the XXI century and shows the modernity of the zone. On this tour a taste of two wines is included.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in hotels in the city centre with driving guide for the whole experience.
- Guided tour in Laguardia with tickets for Santa Maria de los Reyes
- Guided tour in a winery
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant in Laguardia
- Guided tour in Marques de Riscal
- TOUR GUIDES: Languages: Basque, Spanish, English, French -> ON REQUEST German, Portuguese and Italian
- Tips and gratuities for the restaurant or guide
- Anything that is not mentioned in the "included" section
- A minimum of 2 people.
- With a private tour guide, the activities can be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Please, provide us with any special request you have or eating intolerances.