Dora Stratou Greek Dancing Show Ticket – Skip the Line
1 hour and 30 minutes
meet on location
Since 1953 the national Greek Dances Theatre of “Dora Stratou” is the the living museum of Greek dance and is unique, in its kind, in the world.
Dances, songs and music are presented in their original forms as were or are still performed in the respective villages or islands of Greece.
All the costumes worn by the performers are authentic museum pieces, handmade in those villages more than a century ago. The theatre’s wardrobe contains 2,000 such historical costumes from all over Greece, complete with jewelry and accessories.
Extensive field studies by a team of researchers under the direction of professor Alkis Raftis supports the fidelity of performances to the original.
The cultural and educational activities of the Theatre are financed by the Ministry of Culture, the National Tourism Organization, other government agencies and private donnors.
Performances last 90 minutes without intermission. Company of 75 dancers, musicians and singers.
Many regions of Greece presented in each performance, each village or island through its authentic dances, costumes, musical instruments and songs. Reproduction is as faithful to the historic original as possible.
All fees & taxes
Entry/Admission - Dora Stratou Greek Dances Theatre Show
Entry/Admission - Dora Stratou Greek Dances Theatre
Transfers from / to your hotel or closest available location - Can be arranged with an additional cost
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.