Alhambra, Nasrid Palaces, Generalife and Alcazaba Private Tour in Granada
meet on location
Learn about the history of Granada on this 3-hour guided tour of the Alhambra and Generalife summer palace with skip the line ticket. A Specialist and historian guide will lead you around the vast complex, dating back more than 600 years. Marvel at a magnificent mix of Islamic art and culture.
On this guided tour you will feel the spirit of the last Muslim bastion in Spain.Yusuf is still here – in spirit. So is his father, Ismail I, and his son, Muhammed V. These three sultans were largely responsible for the Palacio Nazaríes – the 14th-century miracle that shines as the Alhambra’s jewel. To amble through these chambers and corridors is to step into Al-Andalus, to feel the energy of a civilization that held such a significant portion of Europe in its clever grip for eight centuries.
Its matters of state still whisper in the Mexuar – a meeting place for ministers, all floral tiles and tapering columns, whose later conversion into a chapel could not conceal its Moorish origins. Its afternoons at play still haunt the Patio de los Leones – an intricate courtyard, the core of royal life under Muhammed V, where fountains splash. And its sophistication still flickers around the Palacio de Comares.
I wander farther through a complex that Washington Irving captured so well in his 1832 tome Tales of the Alhambra – his words often in awe of their context. “How unworthy is my scribbling of the place?” he famously asked himself – and it is not difficult to understand his sentiment, inching along the ramparts of the Alcazaba, the oldest part of the site, its military acorn. Below, the Rio Darro twinkles, Granada a sultry Spaniard on its banks, but it still seems odd to think of the flags of Castile and Aragon flying on these battlements, in conquest, in 1492.
You can choose between Morning ,Afternoon or Night visit. Depends of the Nasrid palaces meeting time.
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Entrance Fees and Tickets of Alhambra
- Private tour, just for you, with Official Guide of Alhambra
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Passports and id cards
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Due to the great demand of tickets and to the restriction of the number of visitors per day, we recommend you to book at least one month in advance.
- Guaranteed after confirmation, Nasrid Palaces, Alcazaba and Generalife.
- Once the tour is confirmed, the supplier will send you the appointment time with your tour guide as soon as possible via Viator or phone.
- *OPTION ANYTIME TOUR: Please note that the starting time could be between 08:00 am and 10:00 pm depending on the Nasrid Palaces ticket. Once the tour is confirmed the supplier will inform you of the time to meet your tour guide.This option include Special Prices offered in some days.
*OPTION MORNING TOUR please note that the starting time could be between 08:00 am and 12:00 am depending on the Nasrid Palaces ticket. Once the tour is confirmed the supplier will inform you of the time to meet your tour guide.
*OPTION AFTERNOON please note that the starting time could be between 2 pm and 6 pm depending on the Nasrid Palaces ticket. Once the tour is confirmed the supplier will inform you of the time to meet your tour guide
- If your choice is AnyTime Tour and your appointment falls after 9:15 p.m., the visit only includes the Nasrid Palaces with a guide and sometimes Alcazaba and Genaralife the day after without a guide. It is a 2-hour private guided tour.
- If you have a specific start time request, please let the supplier know as soon as possible and they will do their best to assign that for you. However, please remember that it's not guaranteed that they can change it as it's dependent upon the Nasrid Palaces appointment time given by the administration of Alhambra.
- If you have not received an email informing you of the start by 4 days before your tour, please contact the tour supplier.
The starting time printed in your voucher is approximate. The exact start time will be sent to you by email or SMS. Please provide a valid phone number in case the tour supplier needs to call you about any changes to your tour enforced by the Alhambra administration.
- Please note: the Alhambra requires that all passengers provide the full name, date of birth and passport details for each participant when booking. If not provided, the Alhambra may deny access to their premises.
- Keep in mind that The Alhambra closes every December 25 and January 1, we will always assign the visit either for December 26 or for January 2
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.